I am trying to create a website. In which there is an animated search bar which I got from youtube. I am trying to use flexbox for my navbar and everything works except for the position of my search bar. The picture of my nav bar until now.
and this the code for my html and css some of it is cut out.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/20c0c25f7c.js" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<title>HTML Elements Reference</title>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico">
<style>
body{
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;
background: black;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
}
.container{
display: flex;
justify-content: space-between;
align-items: center;
flex-direction: row;
width: 100%;
}
.search-box{
display:inline-block;
transform: translate(0%, -50%);
background: #2f3640;
height: 40px;
border-radius: 40px;
padding: 10px;
}
.search-box:hover > .search-txt {
width: 240px;
padding: 0 6px;
}
.search-box > .search-btn {
background: black;
}
.search-btn{
color: #53e3f8;
float: left;
width: 40px;
height: 40px;
border-radius: 50%;
background: #2f3640;
display: flex;
justify-content: center;
align-items: center;
}
.search-txt{
border: none;
background: none;
outline: none;
float: right;
padding: 0;
color: white;
font-size: 16px;
transition: 0.4s;
line-height: 40px;
width: 0px;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<nav class="container">
<div class="search-box">
<input class= "search-txt" type="test" name="" placeholder="Search...">
<a class="search-btn" href="#"><i class="fas fa-search"></i></a>
</div>
</nav>
</body>
</html>
Can you help me out with the CSS and HTML and try not to use margin property for the search bar. I would like the search bar to be fully centered in my flexbox.