I return the following JSON after confirming credentials:
{username: 'foo', name: 'bar', type: 123}
However, NextAuth does not allow me to store all the fields due to model limitations, so what it returns in JWT to client is:
{name: 'bar', email: null, image: null}
My [...nextauth].js setup is very basic:
providers: [
Providers.Credentials({
async authorize(credentials) {
const res = await fetch('http://localhost:3000/api/user', {
method: 'GET',
headers: {
'Accept': 'application/json',
'Content-Type': 'application/json',
'credentials': JSON.stringify(credentials)
}
})
const user = await res.json()
if (user && !user.message) {
return user
} else {
return null
}
}
})
],
The only solution I came up with is to fake email field with JSON string in which I can store everything I need:
{name: 'bar', email: "{username: 'foo', type: 123}", image: null}
How can I do it properly? I tried looking into custom models (https://next-auth.js.org/tutorials/typeorm-custom-models), but it seems to be only about databases, which is not my case since I use JWT for session storage. Also what drawbacks I can encounter if I continue with my solution?