I have a Next 10 project where I am trying to use WebWorkers. The worker is being initialized like so:
window.RefreshTokenWorker = new Worker(new URL('../refreshToken.worker.js', import.meta.url))
I also have the Worker defined as
self.addEventListener('message', (e) => {
console.info("ON MESSAGE: ", e)
// some logic with e.data
})
Its also being called like this:
const worker = getWorker() // gets worker that is attached at the window level
worker.postMessage('start')
My next.config.js file is defined as
const nextConfig = {
target: 'serverless',
env: getBuildEnvVariables(),
redirects,
rewrites,
images: {
domains: []
},
future: { webpack5: true },
webpack (config) {
config.resolve.alias['@'] = path.join(__dirname, 'src')
return config
}
}
// more definitions
module.exports = nextConfig
The issue I have is the console.info in the Web Worker definition does not receive the message being sent from postMessage on the build version (yarn build && yarn start) but it does on the dev version (yarn dev). Any ways to fix this?