Databinding generate included layouts as view in aar file

Viewed 137

My project contains multiple modules, and I am using aar files of other modules contains custom views and components. so I have an XML in .aar and I want to use it in my project. Of course, I can but DataBinding doesn't generate it in the generated file, so I don't have access to XML's components and widgets.

My fragment's XML is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:orientation="vertical">

   <!-- Comes from AAR file -->
    <include
        android:id="@+id/toolbarLayout"
        layout="@layout/simple_tool_bar" />

Simple toolbar is:

<com.google.android.material.appbar.AppBarLayout
    android:id="@+id/appbar"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="@dimen/simple_tool_bar_height"
    app:elevation="0dp">

    <com.google.android.material.appbar.MaterialToolbar
        android:id="@+id/tool_bar"
        android:layout_width="match_parent"
        android:layout_height="match_parent"
        app:navigationIcon="?attr/homeAsUpIndicator"
        app:navigationIconTint="@color/primary" />

</com.google.android.material.appbar.AppBarLayout>

And Databinding generated file is:

public abstract class FragmentTestBinding extends ViewDataBinding {
  
  @NonNull
  public final View toolbarLayout;

So as you can see in the generated file toolbarLayout is an instance of View but it should be SimpleToolBarBinding. When you are working on a project that contains modules instead of .aar it everything is working well, but after generating the .aar file and use it in another project it doesn't.

0 Answers
Related