I'm trying to create an access point with my raspberry-pi 2B. There are no onbord wifi so I'm using 2 dongle. Interface wlan0 is connected to my phone hotspot to be able to ssh. Interface wlan1 is an alfa network dongle which I want to be my wifi access point.
I followed this guide : https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/88214/setting-up-a-raspberry-pi-as-an-access-point-the-easy-way
My AP shows up in the list of wifi routers but when I try to connect, it fails when trying to obtain an IP adress then disconnects and tries to reconnect again and again.
Here is the result of resolvectl status :
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ resolvectl status
Global
LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: yes
DNSOverTLS setting: no
DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
DNSSEC supported: yes
DNSSEC NTA: 10.in-addr.arpa
16.172.in-addr.arpa
168.192.in-addr.arpa
17.172.in-addr.arpa
18.172.in-addr.arpa
19.172.in-addr.arpa
20.172.in-addr.arpa
21.172.in-addr.arpa
22.172.in-addr.arpa
23.172.in-addr.arpa
24.172.in-addr.arpa
25.172.in-addr.arpa
26.172.in-addr.arpa
27.172.in-addr.arpa
28.172.in-addr.arpa
29.172.in-addr.arpa
30.172.in-addr.arpa
31.172.in-addr.arpa
corp
d.f.ip6.arpa
home
internal
intranet
lan
local
private
test
Link 4 (wlan1)
Current Scopes: none
DefaultRoute setting: no
LLMNR setting: no
MulticastDNS setting: yes
DNSOverTLS setting: no
DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
DNSSEC supported: yes
Link 3 (wlan0)
Current Scopes: DNS mDNS/IPv4
DefaultRoute setting: yes
LLMNR setting: no
MulticastDNS setting: yes
DNSOverTLS setting: no
DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
DNSSEC supported: yes
Current DNS Server: 192.168.43.1
DNS Servers: 192.168.43.1
Link 2 (eth0)
Current Scopes: none
DefaultRoute setting: no
LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: no
DNSOverTLS setting: no
DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
DNSSEC supported: yes
There are no DNS server setup for wlan1, could that be my problem ?
/etc/systemd/resolved.conf is default
/etc/systemd/network/08-wifi.network :
[Match]
Name=wl*
[Network]
## Uncomment only one option block
# Option: using a DHCP server and multicast DNS
LLMNR=no
LinkLocalAddressing=no
MulticastDNS=yes
DHCP=ipv4
# Option: using link-local ip addresses and multicast DNS
#LLMNR=no
#LinkLocalAddressing=yes
#MulticastDNS=yes
# Option: using static ip address and multicast DNS
# (example, use your settings)
#Address=192.168.50.61/24
#Gateway=192.168.50.1
#DNS=84.200.69.80 1.1.1.1
#MulticastDNS=yes
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-wlan1.conf :
country=FR
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
network={
ssid="RPiNet"
mode=2
frequency=2437
key_mgmt=NONE # uncomment this for an open hotspot