I am working on a package that has dependencies which require colorama<0.4.4. Other software I install with pip requires colorama==0.4.4. When I run poetry install it removes colorama entirely, which breaks software that I use.
How can I prevent colorama from removing newer versions of packages? Whatever the reasons may be for that one dependency requiring old colorama, it works with the new one well enough for my use. I have tried:
poetry install --no-dev(didn't work)pip install colorama==0.4.3(poetry still saysRemoving colorama (0.4.4)even thoughpip show coloramareports0.4.3- I haven't tried a dedicated venv for just this package, because it seems like a needlessly complicated solution
I need to add this exception for my computer only, so it should not be part of the pyproject.toml file. The problem here is that the package technically conflicts with my userland; that is because of the particular unrelated programs I have installed. Other people developing this package might not be users of those programs, or might not care that they break.