Docker-compose, Swag error: "Your DockerHost is most likely running an outdated version of libseccomp"

Viewed 3620

I am not sure what is wrong. I just start to learn docker and I am trying to do a project with a reverse proxy. I am running docker & docker-compose on an RPI 4 at home. However, I am running into a problem after I created and run the docker-compose.yml with the following information:

version: '2.1'
services:
  duckdns:
    image: linuxserver/duckdns
    container_name: duckdns
    environment:
      - PUID=1000 #optional
      - PGID=1000 #optional
      - TZ=America/New_York
      - SUBDOMAINS=My_SubDomain,
      - TOKEN=myToken
      - LOG_FILE=false #optional
    volumes:
      - /home/pi/compose/data/duckdns/config:/config #optional
    restart: unless-stopped

  swag:
    image: linuxserver/swag
    container_name: swag
    cap_add:
      - NET_ADMIN
    environment:
      - PUID=1000
      - PGID=1000
      - TZ=America/New_York
      - URL=My_SUBDOMAIN.duckdns.org
      - SUBDOMAINS=www,
      - VALIDATION=duckdns
      - DNSPLUGIN=cloudflare #optional
      - PROPAGATION= #optional
      - DUCKDNSTOKEN=MY_TOKEN
      - EMAIL= #optional
      - ONLY_SUBDOMAINS=false #optional
      - EXTRA_DOMAINS= #optional
      - STAGING=false #optional
    volumes:
      - /home/pi/compose/data/swag/config:/config
    ports:
      - 443:443
      - 80:80 #optional
    restart: unless-stopped

My duckdns is up and running and I open the ports on my router. (Is that a good idea)

Then I run my Swag with sudo docker-compose up -d swag && sudo docker logs -f swag

shortly after the error came up:

Image

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
generating self-signed keys in /config/keys, you can replace these with your own keys if required
Generating a RSA private key
..........+++++
...........+++++
writing new private key to '/config/keys/cert.key'
-----
3069969296:error:0D0D90AD:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_TIME_adj:error getting time:crypto/asn1/a_time.c:330:
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 1.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
usermod: no changes

-------------------------------------
          _         ()
         | |  ___   _    __
         | | / __| | |  /  \
         | | \__ \ | | | () |
         |_| |___/ |_|  \__/


Brought to you by linuxserver.io
-------------------------------------

To support the app dev(s) visit:
Certbot: https://supporters.eff.org/donate/support-work-on-certbot

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
-------------------------------------
User uid:    1000
User gid:    1000
-------------------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Your DockerHost is most likely running an outdated version of libseccomp

To fix this, please visit https://docs.linuxserver.io/faq#libseccomp

Some apps might not behave correctly without this

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
[cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
generating self-signed keys in /config/keys, you can replace these with your own keys if required
Generating a RSA private key
......................+++++
.........+++++
writing new private key to '/config/keys/cert.key'
-----
3069641616:error:0D0D90AD:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_TIME_adj:error getting time:crypto/asn1/a_time.c:330:
[cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 1.
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

I check the link after "DockerHost is most likely running an outdated version of libseccomp" but I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas will be really appreciated.


I delete the containers, then tried both of the troubleshooting you mention but I keep getting the same error. Do I need to have ports 80 and 443 open on my router? I have them disable at the moment.

Latest error after doing sudo docker-compose up -d swag && sudo docker logs -f swag

    Creating swag ... done
    [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
    [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
    [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
    [fix-attrs.d] done.
    [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...
    
    -------------------------------------
              _         ()
             | |  ___   _    __
             | | / __| | |  /  \
             | | \__ \ | | | () |
             |_| |___/ |_|  \__/
    
    
    Brought to you by linuxserver.io
    -------------------------------------
    
    To support the app dev(s) visit:
    Certbot: https://supporters.eff.org/donate/support-work-on-certbot
    
    To supp

ort LSIO projects visit:
    https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
    -------------------------------------
    GID/UID
    -------------------------------------
    
    User uid:    1000
    User gid:    1000
    -------------------------------------
    
    
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    
    Your DockerHost is most likely running an outdated version of libseccomp
    
    To fix this, please visit https://docs.linuxserver.io/faq#libseccomp
    
    Some apps might not behave correctly without this
    
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 20-config: executing...
    [cont-init.d] 20-config: exited 0.
    [cont-init.d] 30-keygen: executing...
    generating self-signed keys in /config/keys, you can replace these with your own keys if required
    Generating a RSA private key
    ................................................+++++
    .......................................................................+++++
    writing new private key to '/config/keys/cert.key'
    -----
    3069698960:error:0D0D90AD:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_TIME_adj:error getting time:crypto/asn1/a_time.c:330:
    [cont-init.d] 30-keygen: exited 1.
    [cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
    [cont-finish.d] done.
    [s6-finish] waiting for services.
    [s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
    [s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.
1 Answers

I encountered this error as well when upgrading to the new Swag image on Raspberry Pi. They address this issue on the Linux Server FAQ page.

Their suggestion to manually install the updated library with dpkg worked:

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libs/libseccomp/libseccomp2_2.5.1-1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i libseccomp2_2.5.1-1_armhf.deb

The package address in the wget command is correct as of 4/13/21. You can find the latest version by browsing here.

An alternate solution would be to add the backport repos for Debian Buster:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 04EE7237B7D453EC 648ACFD622F3D138
echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -t buster-backports libseccomp2

You can also see the other suggestions for resolving this issue on the FAQ page.

Related