How I can save a Page in a Page Template in Kentico Xperience13

Viewed 237

In Kentico Xperience13, when I go in the Page Template application they said we need to use the Page Application to create a page and save it as a Page Template. But when I create a Page I don't see the place where I can save as a Page Template. So when I came back in the Page Template application the list is always empty.

2 Answers

As someone currently working on a site in Xperience 13, you may want to consider taking a class or two on Pluralsight to give you the basics of MVC and .net core. I am new to those but have been using Kentico for over 10 years. This change to MVC has been a bear to learn. But the Pluralsight courses have helped me get a better understanding of the structure.

Kentico does use content based routing as an option (and I think it is default in 13) you can learn more about it here https://docs.xperience.io/developing-websites/implementing-routing#Implementingrouting-Contenttree-basedrouting

when you build page types you don't have to worry about the model and the controller portion, kentico handles it, you just need to build the view.

this tutorial covers the basics https://docs.xperience.io/13tutorial/asp-net-core-development-tutorial

Related