I'm using Laravel 8 with Laravel-mix so that my JS assets are compiled with webpack.
I have imported gojs successfully by doing this:
npm i gojs
Then adding this to my bootstrap.js:
import * as go from 'gojs';
Then compiling using:
npm run dev
So far so good my app.js now includes the gojs code and I can run basic gojs samples on my pages.
However I cannot figure out how to include any gojs extensions.
I've tried adding an extension to my boostrap.js in all these different ways (separately not all at once):
import DataInspector from 'gojs/extensions/DataInspector.js';
import * as Inspector from 'gojs/extensions/DataInspector.js';
import { DataInspector } from 'gojs/extensionsTS/DataInspector';
require('gojs/extensions/DataInspector.js');
require('../../node_modules/gojs/extensions/DataInspector.js');
Most compile without error and when I check my app.js compiled javascript the DataInspector code appears to be included.
However when I add a sample script to my page that uses the Inspect I get error:
Uncaught ReferenceError: Inspector is not defined
So it appears the DataInspector extension has not been included. The only way I can get it to work is to directly add a script tag to the DataInspector.js file in my HTML. However I'd like to figure out how to properly import it with all my other assets.