OneSignal external_user_id and multiple devices for the same user

Viewed 708

I'm using OneSignal as notification platform in my Spring Boot application.

I want to send the very same push notification for each device of a user and I'm trying to understand if the external_user_id can be setted multiple times.

I don't want to save into my DB different "player_id" (device ID) for the same user so I'm trying to figure out if I can user the external_user_id as a "tag" to indentify all user's devices.

I mean:

  • User A open the Mobile app with his First device and register a custom external_user_id into OneSignal
  • User A open the Mobile app with his Second device and register the same external_user_id into OneSignal.

I send a push notification calling OneSignal API from my Spring Boot application using this external_user_id so the User A will receive the very same notification on both his devices.

Is is possibile or external_user_id must be unique?

Thanks.

1 Answers
Related