How to use variables from .env in Micronaut application.yml?

Viewed 661

I am very new to Micronaut and I just want to ask because I couldnt get any answers from the offical docs

I have a .env file on the root of my folder. Here's my .env

PORT=8081

I tried to access the PORT variable on my application.yml but it is not reading the variable from .env file. Here's my application.yml

micronaut:
    application:
        name: test-app
    server:
        port:${PORT}
1 Answers

You need to tell to micronaut to use .env file if you want to use it.
Generally micronaut uses application.yml so you can configure your app with the following way:

Micronaut reads environment variables from the OS. Our application.yml would look like this:

micronaut:
    application:
        name: test-app
    server:
        port:${PORT:8000} # :8000 is a default value.

Now for example on linux start without env variable:

$ ./mvnw mn:run # start micronaut 
[main] INFO  io.micronaut.runtime.Micronaut - Startup completed in 1102ms. Server Running: http://localhost:8000

Start with env variable:

$ export PORT=8080
$ ./mvnw mn:run # start micronaut 
[main] INFO  io.micronaut.runtime.Micronaut - Startup completed in 1102ms. Server Running: http://localhost:8080

As you can see it will took the variable from your OS path.

Related