My goal is to properly set launch.json file to run some *.html in Chromium.
For example: This is my project folder structure:
project/
├─ some_folder/
│ ├─ index.html
│ ├─ script.js
├─ index.html
├─ script.js
In the end I'd like to create configurations for both index.html files.
Extension page: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=msjsdiag.debugger-for-chrome
- Ubuntu 20.04
- VSCodium 1.55.1
It has to be possible to use Chromium instead of Chrome using runtimeExecutable (and some runtimeArgs if needed) in launch.json
So I tried:
{
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Launch index.html",
"type": "chrome",
"request": "launch",
"file": "${workspaceFolder}/index.html",
"runtimeExecutable": "/usr/bin/chromium-browser",
"runtimeArgs": [
"--new-window",
"--user-data-dir=\"/${workspaceFolder}/DevProfile\"",
"--remote-debugging-port=9222",
"--disable-background-networking"
]
}
]
}
I tried same without or with some of runtimeArgs. Also tried${fileWorkspaceFolder} or ${fileFolder} or index.html absolute path instead ${workspaceFolder}.
Still same result - Chromium doesn't even start. No error, nothing. Only some kind of progressbar shortly showed in RUN AND DEBUG window.
I'm out of ideas. Thanks for help!