I create a table with the following SQL using oledbconnection or immediately in access (installed version Office 365 MSO 32-bit and ACE 2016 32-bit):
CREATE TABLE Ticket (
[ID] COUNTER
, [Kundennummer] CHAR(15)
, [DC] CHAR(5)
, [Auftragsnummer] CHAR(25)
, [OZ] CHAR(5)
, [ASS] CHAR(20)
, [ASB] CHAR(5)
, [SPATZ] CHAR(19)
, [Status_num] INTEGER
, [Status_text] CHAR(255)
, [Bearbeitet_timestamp] DATE
, [IMPORT_ZEITSTEMPEL] DATE
, [RESULT_ZEITSTEMPEL] DATE
, CONSTRAINT [PrimaryKey] PRIMARY KEY ([ID])
);
The created table with "create table" always has the full restricted length for all fields with restricted length.
When I add a record in Access or via oleDbConnection, every field is padded to its full length with spaces.
How can I write the Create Table SQL in such a way that the table is created in such a way that only the actual field content is accepted. Or is there a setting in Access? A table created with Access does not show this behavior.
Please help, thank you