How to install PyQt6 in Anaconda?

Viewed 3610

I have Anaconda with Python 3. I would like to install PyQt6. Through the Anaconda prompt and in the desired environment I tried:

pip install PyQt6

However, when I try:

from PyQt6.QtWidgets import QApplication, QLabel, QMainWindow

I get:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt6.QtWidgets'; 'PyQt6' is not a package

I also checked through the Anaconda navigator, and it seems PyQt6 is installed. What is the issue?

enter image description here

2 Answers

conda-forge packages currently do not have pyqt6 available.

5.12.3 is the latest.

Although pulling pyqt from Anaconda Navigator will give version 5.9.2 at this point in time.

I'd suggest checking conda forge in time: https://anaconda.org/conda-forge/pyqt/files

I encountered the same problem. I created an env in the anaconda, and in the env installed spyder and pyq6. Then I run the code as you did in spyder in the env, then it worked.

Related