I am trying to compare the two lines and capture the lines that match with each other. For example,
file1.txt contains
my
sure
file2.txt contains
my : 2
mine : 5
sure : 1
and I am trying to output
my : 2
sure : 1
I have the following code so far
inFile = "file1.txt"
dicts = "file2.txt"
with open(inFile) as f:
content = f.readlines()
content = [x.strip() for x in content]
with open(dicts) as fd:
inDict = fd.readlines()
inDict = [x.strip() for x in inDict]
ordered_dict = {}
for line in inDict:
key = line.split(":")[0].strip()
value = int(line.split(":")[1].strip())
ordered_dict[key] = value
for (key, val) in ordered_dict.items():
for entry in content:
if entry == content:
print(key, val)
else:
continue
However, this is very inefficient because it loops two times and iterates a lot. Therefore, this is not ideal when it comes to large files. How can I make this workable for large files?