RavenDb extremely slow inserts at around 2KB per seconds

Viewed 66

Testing out RavenDb on a standard i7 4790K machine with 24GB Ram and a 512GB NVME SSD.

Using the very basic bulk insert from [RavenDB Bulk Inserts] https://ravendb.net/docs/article-page/4.2/csharp/client-api/bulk-insert/how-to-work-with-bulk-insert-operation , I'm getting extremely slow write speeds with documents being inserted at around 10 per seconds.

using (BulkInsertOperation bulkInsert = store.BulkInsert())
{
    for (int i = 0; i < 1000 * 1000; i++)
    {
        bulkInsert.Store(new Employee
        {
            FirstName = "FirstName #" + i,
            LastName = "LastName #" + i
        });
    }
}

Screenshot from dashboard This seems ridiculously slow and makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong. The test app is a simple .net core 3.1 console application. I have tried the standard insert as well and the results aren't any different.

The server is running on the same laptop with default install settings and is not setup for a secure connection at the moment.

Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Answers
Related