pnpm uses old version of node

Viewed 2809

I am using nvm and I got node v14 installed and running node -v confirms that, but when I try to install a package in my project that requires the v14 engine pnpm tells me that I am currently using node v12 Unsupported engine: wanted: {"node":">=14.15"} (current: {"node":"v12.18.3","pnpm":"6.0.1"}) . This is the node version installed at /usr/bin/node but how do I tell it to use nvm version?

2 Answers

Pnpm supports the use-node-version parameter, that will download and use a specific version of node.

You should remove or update this settings from your .npmrc file.

We are experimenting with bundling pnpm with Node.js. The bundled version is currently published as a separate package, you may install it using one of the following scripts:

curl -f https://get.pnpm.io/v6.js | node - add --global @pnpm/beta

or using powershell:

(Invoke-WebRequest 'https://get.pnpm.io/v6.js' -UseBasicParsing).Content | node - add --global @pnpm/beta
Related