I'm trying to install python dependencies for automating unit testing within a github repository of an R package that uses reticulate (specifically converting networkx objects to iGraph R objects via json). I'm working from reticulate's github-action and get stuck building within linux (ubuntu specifically), where it seems conda may be the safest way to install python dependencies.
Preparing transaction: ...working... done
Verifying transaction: ...working... done
Executing transaction: ...working... done
#
# To activate this environment, use
#
# $ conda activate r-reticulate
#
# To deactivate an active environment, use
#
# $ conda deactivate
Error: Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘py2Rgraphs’:
.onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'py2Rgraphs', details:
call: NULL
error: could not find a Python environment for /usr/bin/python3
Error: Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/home/runner/work/py2Rgraphs/py2Rgraphs/check/py2Rgraphs.Rcheck/py2Rgraphs’
1 error ✖ | 0 warnings ✔ | 1 note ✖
I'm also having issues with macOS and windows but wanted to start by fixing the linux builds.
As I understand it, it will be particularly difficult to enable tests that require python on CRAN, so at least automating that within the git repository seems a crucial prerequisite. I can at least confirm the tests pass fine locally and on some colleagues' computers.