Markers with size 0 not visible in Plotly Express Scatter Plot

Viewed 1126

I am trying to draw a scatter plot with Plotly Express and facing a problem when setting the size of the markers. So this is the NumPy array that contains the numerical values in accordance to which, I want the marker size.

[0.         0.         0.         0.         0.         0.
 0.         0.         0.53061224 0.65306122 0.28571429 1.
 0.48979592 0.53061224 0.         0.65306122]

When I set the arguments in

px.scatter(size = size_array)

The markers on the plot with size 0 gets dissapeared, because literaly they have 0 size.

Is there any workaround this? So that markers which get 0 value are also visible on the plot?

I've attached the plot screenshot for reference, thanks.

screenshot

EDIT I have replicated the whole issue here: https://gist.github.com/SakshamSingh-v2/5eb27d728f572c97ad67a4e5def346c0

Also One solution is to add a constant to the whole array, basically increasing the 0 to some value, but here the values represent severity. So increasing these values might give a mis-representation. I am thinking of a solution like in which I could map the 0 to some specified marker size.

2 Answers

Maybe you can copy that array and add constant value. So difference between initial values remain the same.

0 -> 1.00000000 0.53061224 -> 1.53061224

For hover information you can select your original array.

Related