What command precisely does Gitkraken use to push?

Viewed 60

Can anyone explain how to reproduce this behaviour seen with Gitkraken push:

With a github repo setup with an Amazone CodeBuild web-hook, Gitkraken push will always trigger a build, even if the remote (Github) branch is on precisely the same commit as my local branch. I can do this repeatedly to re-trigger a build and it's pretty useful effect.

Yet when I open a command prompt in the exact same repo locally and type:

git push

Nothing happens, amazon CodeBuild doesn't re-build.


When I read the suggestion is that Gitkraken uses a "regular bare git push", yet I can't explain the difference in behaviour.

1 Answers

GitKraken commands do not directly correlate to actual git commands because it uses libgit2 for all of it's git operations. Looking at the Activity Logs gives you an idea what it is doing but no actual commands.

GitKraken Activity Log

Related