Flutter + Firebase - Upload Image File to Storage

Viewed 1288

I am trying to upload an image file which I have got using imagepicker.

updatePhoto(user, File imageFile) async {
  FirebaseStorage storage = FirebaseStorage.instance;
  Reference ref = storage.ref().child('user/profile/${user.uid}');
  UploadTask uploadTask = ref.putFile(imageFile);
  String url;
  uploadTask.whenComplete(() async {
    url = await ref.getDownloadURL();
  }).catchError((onError) {
    print(onError);
  });
  return url;
}

But above code returns following error

VERBOSE-2:ui_dart_state.cc(186)] Unhandled Exception: MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method Task#startPutFile on channel plugins.flutter.io/firebase_storage) #0 MethodChannel._invokeMethod package:flutter/…/services/platform_channel.dart:156 #1 new MethodChannelTask. (package:firebase_storage_platform_interface/src/method_channel/method_channel_task.dart) flutter: MissingPluginException(No implementation found for method Reference#getDownloadURL on channel plugins.flutter.io/firebase_storage)

I would appreciate if someone could help explain how to resolve this error. Thank you

1 Answers

First thing is that you need to do flutter clean and then fire the flutter pub get command and run your application your issue will solve.

And if still issue persists then do flutter clean then restart your IDE after that do flutter pub get and run your application.

Related