I am remotely access High performance computing nodes. I am not sure about NVIDIA Collective Communications Library (NCCL) is installed in my directory or not? Is there a way to check the NCCL
I am remotely access High performance computing nodes. I am not sure about NVIDIA Collective Communications Library (NCCL) is installed in my directory or not? Is there a way to check the NCCL
You can try
locate nccl| grep "libnccl.so" | tail -n1 | sed -r 's/^.*\.so\.//'
or if you use PyTorch:
python -c "import torch;print(torch.cuda.nccl.version())"
Check it this link Command Cheatsheet: Checking Versions of Installed Software / Libraries / Tools for Deep Learning on Ubuntu
For containers, where no locate is available sometimes, one might replace it with ldconfig -v:
ldconfig -v | grep "libnccl.so" | tail -n1 | sed -r 's/^.*\.so\.//'
You can usually do this in the command line:
nvcc --version
you might have to run:
sudo apt install nvidia-cuda-toolkit
too.
As the other answerer mentioned, you can do:
torch.cuda.nccl.version()
in pytorch. Copy paste this into your terminal:
python -c "import torch;print(torch.cuda.nccl.version())"
I am sure there is something like that in tensorflow.