I have a process whereby we have written a class to import a large (ish) CSV into our app using CsvHelper (https://joshclose.github.io/CsvHelper).
I would like to compare the header to the Map to ensure the header's integrity. We get the CSV file from a 3rd party and I want to ensure it doesn't change over time and thought the best way to do this would be to compare it against the map.
We have a class set up as so (trimmed):
public class VisitExport
{
public int? Count { get; set; }
public string CustomerName { get; set; }
public string CustomerAddress { get; set; }
}
And its corresponding map (also trimmed):
public class VisitMap : ClassMap<VisitExport>
{
public VisitMap()
{
Map(m => m.Count).Name("Count");
Map(m => m.CustomerName).Name("Customer Name");
Map(m => m.CustomerAddress).Name("Customer Address");
}
}
This is the code I have for reading the CSV file and it works great. I have a try catch in place for the error but ideally, if it fails specifically for a header miss match, I'd like to handle that specifically.
private void fileLoadedLink_LinkClicked(object sender, LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
{
try
{
var filePath = string.Empty;
data = new List<VisitExport>();
using (OpenFileDialog openFileDialog = new OpenFileDialog())
{
openFileDialog.InitialDirectory = new KnownFolder(KnownFolderType.Downloads).Path;
openFileDialog.Filter = "csv files (*.csv)|*.csv";
openFileDialog.FilterIndex = 2;
openFileDialog.RestoreDirectory = true;
if (openFileDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
{
filePath = openFileDialog.FileName;
var fileStream = openFileDialog.OpenFile();
var culture = CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("en-GB");
using (StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(fileStream))
using (var readCsv = new CsvReader(reader, culture))
{
var map = new VisitMap();
readCsv.Context.RegisterClassMap(map);
var fileContent = readCsv.GetRecords<VisitExport>();
data = fileContent.ToList();
fileLoadedLink.Text = filePath;
viewModel.IsFileLoaded = true;
}
}
}
}
catch (CsvHelperException ex)
{
Console.WriteLine(ex.InnerException != null ? ex.InnerException.Message : ex.Message);
fileLoadedLink.Text = "Error loading file.";
viewModel.IsFileLoaded = false;
}
}
Is there a way of comparing the Csv header vs my map?