Spyder 5 No QCoreApplication instance found. Application patches not applied

Viewed 9646

I get the following error after having upgraded to Spyder 5

  No QCoreApplication instance found. Application patches not applied. You have to call load_stylesheet function after instantiation of QApplication to take effect. 

The interface also looks 'not nice' (I am guessing without the stylesheet).

Display 5.0 - 1

Downgrading to Spyder 4 causes everything to appear in a single column (Code area, console, variable explorer etc, all one below other with ugly overlap to make it unusable).

How do I go about fixing this?

2 Answers

(Spyder maintainer here) That's a warning and it doesn't affect loading our new stylesheet. Please simply ignore it.

Note: It's unfortunate that you don't like our style because it's the one Spyder will use from now on.

You can restore your Spyder 4 layout using View --> Window Layout --> Spyder default layout.

Related