I will preface with I simply could not get the Sql Type Provider to work - it threw a dozen different errors at points and seemed to be a version conflict. So I want to avoid that. I've been following mostly C# examples and can't always get the syntax right in F#.
I am targeting .NET6 (though can drop to 5 if it's going to be an issue).
I have modelled the data as a type as well.
I like the look of Dapper the best but I generally don't need a full ORM and would just like to run raw SQL queries so am open to other solutions.
I have a MySQL server running and a connection string.
I would like to
- Initialize an SQL connection with my connection string.
- Execute a query (preferably in raw SQL). If a select query, map it to my data type.
- Be able to nearly execute more queries from elsewhere in the code without reinitializing a connection.
It's really just a package and a syntax example of those three things that I need. Thanks.