"Google Apps Script version deployment" change - More than one active deployment - how to update an active deployment?

Viewed 690

I recently noticed that when I deploy a new version of web app, it gives me a new URL instead of using the old one. The problem is I use the web app as webhook, which is so annoying for me to replace the webhook URL every time I make some changes. Also, the old version doesn't get archived automatically when I deploy a new version. Is it a new policy? Is there any way to revert this setting? Note: I'm using the new editor. But I find the old editor is also performing the same issue.

1 Answers

If you want to keep the same web app URL, or the same project ID (if you shared your script as a library), use the "Manage deployments" option in the new code editor.

Steps:

  • click on "Manage deployments"
  • select your existing deployment
  • click on the edit / pencil button
  • click on the Version dropdown
  • click on "New version" in the dropdown
  • click on the "Deploy" button

Don't click on the "New deployment" menu entry.

Reference:

Related