Working with Next.js and Django Rest Framework, I'm authenticating users using JWT. First, when the user successfully logs in to the page, a cookie (which contains the JWT token) is sent to the browser. When the user tries to access a specific page, this cookie is used to validate the petition. I'm having trouble storing the cookie in the browser.
Django | login function
@api_view(['POST'])
@permission_classes((permissions.AllowAny,))
def login(request):
...
response = Response()
response.set_cookie(key='jwt', value=token, httponly=True, max_age=86400)
response.data ={
'message': 'success',
}
return response
And here is how I'm fetching /api/login
Next | Login.js
var axios = require('axios');
var FormData = require('form-data');
var data = new FormData();
data.append('email', this.state.email);
data.append('password', this.state.password);
data.append('X-CSRFToken', csrftoken);
data.append('mode', 'same-origin');
data.append('Content-Type', 'application/json');
var config = {
method: 'post',
credentials: 'include', #I'm probably having issues with this
url: 'http://localhost:8000/api/login',
data : data
};
axios(config)
.then(res=> {
console.log('success'); #I got logged, but cookie is not stored
})
.catch(
error=>{this.setState({isError:true})}
);
Here is the set-cookie in the browser:

But JWT is missing on storage:

As you can see, in both of them I'm receiving the cookie named JWT. But it's not being stored in the browser. Thank you in advance for your time and answers!