Gnuplot how to represent calligraphied letters

Viewed 359

I am using LaTeX and Gnuplot-5.2. In several graphs, I need to represent a calligraphied letter (e.g., L) which in LaTeX math equations appears as \mathcal L.

How to represent a calligraphied letter in Gnuplot?

1 Answers

Probably you can use one of the latex terminals. In gnuplot console type set terminal to see which terminals you have available.

Another option would be if you search for cmsy10.ttf and install the font and use it in gnuplot. This is as it would work in Windows, I'm not 100% sure for Linux.

Addition: Check help enhanced to see options about enhanced text mode. Not all terminals might support this.

Code:

### set different fonts
reset session

set title "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" font "cmsy10,20"

myLabel = '{/"cmsy10":Normal=20 L{/"Times New Roman":Normal=20 (w)}}'
set label at graph 0.5, graph 0.8 myLabel

plot x
### end of code

Result: (wxt terminal)

enter image description here

Related