How can i connect Azure postgres database to pgadmin as im getting time out error

Viewed 3011

I have created a database in Azure database in postgreSQL but when i try connect through pgadmin it says unable to connect timeout expired(I'm pretty sure admin and password are correct). Is anyone facing this issue? is there an alternative for pgadmin ?

enter image description here

4 Answers

pgadmin works fine against Azure Postgres. A couple things to check:

  • Make sure you have a firewall exception in Azure for your local IP address.
  • Use the user@server format for your username
  • Use server.postgres.database.azure.comas your hostname
  • Make sure to set SSL Mode to require in the SSL tab

Good luck!

Below settings works for me, you can use below

enter image description here

enter image description here

pgadmin works perfectly against Azure database for Postgres. Here's the link to the docs.

  • Add your local IP to your firewall in Azure
  • In the Azure portal, navigate to connection strings to get your db credentials
  • Use the user@server format for your username
  • Use server.postgres.database.azure.com as your hostname
  • Maintenance database should be set to postgres
  • Ensure that SSL Mode is set to require under the SSL tab

That is what worked for me.

I got the timeout all of a sudden, and only after some time I realized it was the VPN that probably blocked a port or so. Once I disabled VPN it worked again. Just something to keep in mind.

Related