Is there a way to retrieve hidden input values on another page?

Viewed 597

I am trying to take the inputs the customer selects, and add them to hidden fields, to then be able to display them on the cart page.

<form method="post" action="https://omgneonsigns.com/cart/?add-to-cart=5825" name="contentForm" runat="server">

Here is the code for my form, and of course I have my fields setup this way:

<input type="hidden" id="hiddenText" name="hiddenText" value="">

So, what is the next step? I am able to alert the values back to me, so I know they are being held/stored... but I'm not sure how to take them with me to the next page and alert them there?

1 Answers

Firstly, you need to select the hidden input. JavaScript way:

<input type="hidden" id="hiddenText" name="hiddenText" value="" onchange="myFunction(this.value)">

<script>
    function myFunction(val) {
        let hidden_val = val 
        // now store it using `session`
    }
</script>

Basically you can do it in many ways:

  1. Use JavaScript session. link: https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/prop_win_sessionstorage.asp
  2. Use php session. link: https://www.w3schools.com/php/php_sessions.asp

Then get the value in the next page from session.

Related