I want to use a remote Jupyter server via SSH with VSCode but I get an error whenever I try to specify the URI of any server. This also happens with local instances of Jupyter. Any server that is not started by VS Code seems to be unusable.
I am just starting a server like this
$ jupyter notebook --no-browser --port 8080
Then I enter the address in VSCode with the correct port and token

Nothing happens and I get this error, as you can see in the log below.
Command 'Python: Specify local or remote Jupyter server for connections' resulted in an error (Running the contributed command: 'python.datascience.selectjupyteruri' failed.)
Has anyone else been experiencing anything similar? I honestly have no idea how to troubleshoot this. It is worth noting that selecting the Default: VS Code will automatically start a server for you on localhost option raises the same error.
