How to transfer draft envelope via REST or SOAP

Viewed 72

I have a system account under which I create a draft envelope. Next, I need to transfer it to another employee.

The envelope is successfully created via REST (C# nuget). Next, I connect via SOAP (dsapi.asmx) and try to transfer using the TransferEnvelope method.

  • AccountID - Specified the id of the current system account and the Id of the employee to whom I want to transfer
  • UserID - 'API username' to whom I want to transfer

I get the error: The specified envelope is not in a terminal state and cannot be transferred (ENVELOPE_CANNOT_TRANSFER_INVALID_STATE, code 134)

Found a similar post but no solution: https://support.docusign.com/s/question/0D51W0000726aVz/is-there-a-way-to-transfer-ownership-of-draft-envelopes-via-the-soap-api

I need to prepare a draft envelope and give it to an employee who will finish creating it and send it for approval.

1 Answers

Draft envelopes cannot be transferred through the API.

Related