So heres my problem.
I am new to mongodb and have a collection which documents are saved like this:
{
"_id": {
"$oid": "60626db173b4ca321c02ee3e"
},
"year": "2021",
"name": "Book 1",
"authors": ["Joe, B", "Jessica, K"],
"createdAt": {
"$date": "2021-03-30T00:15:45.859Z"
}
},
{
"_id": {
"$oid": "60626db173b4ca321c02ee4e"
},
"year": "2021",
"authors": ["Carl, B", "Jessica, K"],
"name": "Book 2"
"createdAt": {
"$date": "2021-03-30T00:15:45.859Z"
}
},
I need to get both the frequency of all authors and the years of the books.
The expected result would be something like this (as long as i can get each element frequency it doesn't really matter how the results are returned):
{
"authors": {
"Joe, B": 1,
"Carl, B": 1,
"Jessica, K": 2
},
"year": {
"2021": 2
}
}
I've seen this thread How to count occurence of each value in array? which does the job in one array but i have no idea if its possible to adapt to get the frequency of multiple elements (year, authors) at the same time or how to do it.
I appreciate any help. Thank you.