pgAdmin - Too many connection for the role "my username"

Viewed 1414

I am using pgAdmin to connect to my PostgreSQL database. After doing few actions I always get the message of Too many connection for the role "my username".

I have been reading other questions here I have found a solutions that solves the problem but only temporarily and after doing it manually which is closing and deleting the Sessions in the Dashboard in pgAdming like the screen shot below.

Sessions, server activity

I would like to know either a way of setting my connection limit so I won't get that error or, in case I am mistaking something, a way of fixing anything I am missing out or doing wrong.

Thank you very much in advance.

2 Answers

when you are locked in do

ALTER ROLE my_username CONNECTION LIMIT -1;

this would make it so that there is no Limit.

see manual

Related