I'm trying to make aiohttp work, tho the simplest code possible is not working. The issue is only present on a specific development server, which is compiled from source.
The following code produces the following output:
from aiohttp import web
async def hello(request):
return web.Response(text="Hello, world")
app = web.Application()
app.add_routes([web.get('/', hello)])
web.run_app(app)
And I get an empty reply from the server (wget produces the same output)
# ./curl-amd64 http://localhost:8080/ -v
* Trying 127.0.0.1:8080...
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: localhost:8080
> User-Agent: curl/7.75.0
> Accept: */*
>
* Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
* Closing connection 0
curl: (56) Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
Im running python 3.8.1 on a custom built linux kernel 5.3.18. Pip is available on the local system. When I run pip install aiohttp, all dependencies are met response is received.
# pip install aiohttp
Requirement already satisfied: aiohttp in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (3.5.4)
Requirement already satisfied: attrs>=17.3.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from aiohttp) (19.3.0)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<4.0,>=2.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from aiohttp) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: multidict<5.0,>=4.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from aiohttp) (4.5.2)
Requirement already satisfied: async_timeout<4.0,>=3.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from aiohttp) (3.0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: yarl<2.0,>=1.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from aiohttp) (1.3.0)
Requirement already satisfied: idna>=2.0 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from yarl<2.0,>=1.0->aiohttp) (2.8)
#
This issue is only present on this specific system. When I copy the code to a different machine (e.g. mac) the server is responding fine.
Is there anything, that might be missing from the system (system library, shared module etc.) which might be causing this issue?