I am currently working on a personal project - in which I need my Spring application to take queries from an EMQX (MQTT Server) and query its data for corresponding results, and then push the results to a topic with the query UUID.
This is working - after many hours understanding how the Spring Integration framework works. But I think the way in which the handler is using "block" is incorrect - and not in keeping with the manner in which the Integration Flow should operate. Whilst this works I do want to make sure it is being done properly - out of respect for the work - and to avoid future issues.
The code snippet below should be enough to understand what it is that I'm trying to achieve - and where the potential issue lies.
@Bean
fun mqttInFlow() : Publisher<Message<String>> {
return IntegrationFlows.from(inbound())
.handle<String> { payload, headers ->
val emotionalOutput: EmotionalOutput = gson.fromJson(payload, EmotionalOutput::class.java)
emotionalPrintService.populateEmotionalOutput(emotionalOutput).map {
MessageBuilder.withPayload(gson.toJson(it))
.copyHeaders(headers)
.setHeader(MqttHeaders.TOPIC, "query/" + it.query_uuid).build()
}.block()
}
.channel(outgoingChannel())
.toReactivePublisher()
}
EDIT - Thanks for the advice - here is what I understood to be the potential edit for the Kotlin DSL solution - this is now producing an error - complaining that an output-channel or replyChannel was not available - nothing outside of the this function has been changed.
@Bean
fun newMqttInFlow() =
integrationFlow (inbound()) {
wireTap {
handle<String> { payload, headers ->
gson.fromJson<EmotionalOutput>(payload, EmotionalOutput::class.java).let { emotionalOutput ->
emotionalPrintService.populateEmotionalOutput(emotionalOutput).map { populatedEmotionalOutput ->
MessageBuilder.withPayload(gson.toJson(populatedEmotionalOutput))
.copyHeaders(headers)
.setHeader(MqttHeaders.TOPIC, populatedEmotionalOutput.query_uuid)
}
}
}
}
channel("outgoingChannel")
}
Exception is :
exception is org.springframework.messaging.core.DestinationResolutionException: no output-channel or replyChannel header available
Although I have many years experience with Java - this approach is new - so thank you very much for your assistance. It's appreciated. If the whole class would be useful - I can post that.
EDIT
Here is the Configuration file - which might give a better insight into what might be causing this secondary error -
021-03-28 21:59:48.008 ERROR 84492 --- [T Call: divnrin] o.s.integration.handler.LoggingHandler : org.springframework.messaging.MessageHandlingException: error occurred in message handler [bean 'mqttOutbound'; defined in: 'class path resource [io/divnr/appserver/configuration/MQTTConfiguration.class]'; from source: 'org.springframework.core.type.classreading.SimpleMethodMetadata@4a9419d7']; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This default converter can only handle 'byte[]' or 'String' payloads; consider adding a transformer to your flow definition, or provide a BytesMessageMapper, or subclass this converter for reactor.core.publisher.MonoMapFuseable payloads, failedMessage=GenericMessage [payload=MonoMapFuseable, headers={mqtt_receivedRetained=false, mqtt_id=0, mqtt_duplicate=false, id=c5a75283-c0fe-ebac-4168-dabddd989da9, mqtt_receivedTopic=source/d9e50e8f-67e0-4505-7ca2-4d05b1242207, mqtt_receivedQos=0, timestamp=1616961588004}] at org.springframework.integration.support.utils.IntegrationUtils.wrapInHandlingExceptionIfNecessary(IntegrationUtils.java:192) at org.springframework.integration.handler.AbstractMessageHandler.handleMessage(AbstractMessageHandler.java:65) at
The full class is provided here.
@Configuration
@EnableIntegration
@IntegrationComponentScan
class MQTTConfiguration(val emotionalPrintService: EmotionalPrintService,
val gson: Gson,
val applicationConfiguration: ApplicationConfiguration) {
@Bean
fun mqttServiceFactory() : MqttPahoClientFactory {
return DefaultMqttPahoClientFactory().apply {
connectionOptions = MqttConnectOptions().apply {
serverURIs = arrayOf<String>(applicationConfiguration.mqttServerAddress)
}
}
}
@Bean
fun newMqttInFlow() =
integrationFlow (inbound()) {
handle<String> { payload, headers ->
gson.fromJson<EmotionalOutput>(payload, EmotionalOutput::class.java).let { emotionalOutput ->
emotionalPrintService.populateEmotionalOutput(emotionalOutput).map { populatedEmotionalOutput ->
MessageBuilder.withPayload(gson.toJson(populatedEmotionalOutput))
.copyHeaders(headers)
.setHeader(MqttHeaders.TOPIC, populatedEmotionalOutput.query_uuid).build()
}
}
}
channel(outgoingChannel())
}
@Bean
@ServiceActivator(requiresReply = "false", inputChannel = "outgoingChannel")
fun mqttOutbound(): MessageHandler {
val messageHandler = MqttPahoMessageHandler("divnrout", mqttServiceFactory())
messageHandler.setAsync(true)
return messageHandler
}
@Bean
fun outgoingChannel() : FluxMessageChannel {
return FluxMessageChannel()
}
@Bean
fun inbound(): MessageProducerSupport {
return MqttPahoMessageDrivenChannelAdapter("divnrin", mqttServiceFactory(),
"source/" + applicationConfiguration.sourceUuid).apply {
setConverter(DefaultPahoMessageConverter())
setQos(1)
}
}
}