Prophet fails to install in Python

Viewed 2459

I've been trying to install prophet through

pip install pystan
pip install prophet

but I keep getting errors. Then, I tried using conda to install prophet using:

conda install -c conda-forge prophet

But I keep getting errors such as,

Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.

PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:

  - prophet

Current channels:

  - https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/win-64
  - https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/win-64
  - https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/msys2/noarch

What can I do to fix this?

1 Answers

Update: The Conda installation should now be working. The prophet package now has a feedstock on Conda Forge.


The Prophet package was in the midst of transitioning from going by the name fbprophet in Python to what OP reports in the documentation, simply prophet. While this had already been updated in the docs and a PyPI version had been pushed, there was a backlog of review requests on the conda-forge/staged-recipes repository, where the prophet package was awaiting review.

In the interim, one should have continued to use the instructions from the previous documentation, namely

conda install -c conda-forge fbprophet

and referred to the module by the name fbprophet.

Related