How do I troubleshoot an error with 'react-native' and cocopods on a Mac using Rosetta

Viewed 5870

I am trying to execute a react native project on new Mac computer with app chip. Changed the terminal to open with Rosetta as suggested in some forums

Installed the cocoa pods 1.10.1 version Using NPM 14.16.0 and react Native version 0.63.4 and Xcode version 12.4 and tried to run the pod install command in iOS folder. I am getting the following error.

error

[!] An error occurred while processing the post-install hook of the Podfile.

undefined method `react_native_post_install' for #<Pod::Podfile:0x00000001572d90f8>

/Users/vvvvv/WebstormProjects/Reer/ios/Podfile:27:in `block (3 levels) in from_ruby'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-core-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods-core/podfile.rb:179:in `post_install!'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:897:in `run_podfile_post_install_hook'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:885:in `block in run_podfile_post_install_hooks'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/user_interface.rb:145:in `message'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:884:in `run_podfile_post_install_hooks'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:329:in `block (2 levels) in create_and_save_projects'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer/xcode/pods_project_generator/pods_project_writer.rb:61:in `write!'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:328:in `block in create_and_save_projects'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/user_interface.rb:64:in `section'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:307:in `create_and_save_projects'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:299:in `generate_pods_project'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:178:in `integrate'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/installer.rb:166:in `install!'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/command/install.rb:52:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/claide-1.0.3/lib/claide/command.rb:334:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/lib/cocoapods/command.rb:52:in `run'
/Library/Ruby/Gems/2.6.0/gems/cocoapods-1.10.1/bin/pod:55:in `<top (required)>'
/usr/local/bin/pod:23:in `load'
/usr/local/bin/pod:23:in `<main>'

Appreciate any help.

1 Answers

tldr: Update your version of react-native to match your Podfile.

The react_native_post_install was introduced in "react-native": "0.64.0".

For me I had "react-native": "~0.63.4" installed, but was using a Podfile (copy/pasted) from a 0.64 fresh reactive-native init.

I experienced this moving my expo-created project to raw react-native.

Related