This is a follow up question from [How to run jobs in paralell using one slurm batch script?]. The goal was to create a single SBatch-Script, which can start multiple processes and run them in parallel. The Answer given by damienfrancois was very detailed and looked something like this.
#!/bin/bash
#
#SBATCH --job-name=test
#SBATCH --output=/dev/null
#SBATCH --error=/dev/null
#SBATCH --partition=All
srun -n 1 -c 1 --exclusive sleep 60 &
srun -n 1 -c 1 --exclusive sleep 60 &
....
wait
However, I am not able to understand the exclusive keyword. If I use the keyword, one node of the cluster is chosen and all processes are launched there. However, I would like Slurm to distribute the ["sleeps"/steps] over the entire cluster.
So how does the keyword exclusive work ? According to the Slurm documentaion, the restriction to one node should not happen, since the keyword is used within a step-allocation.
[I am new to Slurm]