context: I mostly do rails development along with webpacker. Webpacker puts a package.json at the root of the project.
I was wondering what suggestions people might have for adding aws-cdk into a basic rails application (or any type of web application framework) to make a nice deployment pipeline?
This I've thought about for directory structure:
- Adding a
.infrastructurefolder to the root of the project. This is where all my cdk code would reside. What I don't like about this is during the deploy pipeline I would need tocdinto that directoy and runyarn install. Also wouldn't like how I'd have to prefix all my paths with../if I need to reference resources outside of the directory (e.g. Dockerfile) - Moving
cdk.jsonto the root of my project. This would solve the path prefix problem but I'd still need todo something along these linescd .infrastructure && yarn install && cd .. && cdk deploy - Use something like
lernaoryarn workspaces? Not sure how much I'd need to configure to webpacker to with those tools.
I tend to over think things way too much...
Am I over complicating this or is a "fullstack engineer" really hard work sometimes?