Google Ads don't show after enabling Cross-Origin isolation

Viewed 334

As you know the coming version 91 of Chrome will require web sites to enable cross-origin isolation for sites using SharedArrayBuffers.

Following the advice of Google (https://web.dev/cross-origin-isolation-guide/?utm_source=wnc_20146204&utm_medium=gamma&utm_campaign=wnc_20146204&utm_content=msg_110404023&hl=en)

I have set the required headers: Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy: same-origin and Cross-Origin-Embedder-Policy: require-corp

But after that Google Adsense Ads don't show on my site. To be exact only an empty box appears where the Ad should be shown.

SharedArrayBuffers are not used by my own application but by third party libraries I don't have access to, so I can't avoid using SharedArrayBuffers.

In summary, if I don't enable Cross-origin isolation then my site will stop working in Chrome 91 and if enable it then Google ads won't show.

I have posted this issue in the Google Adsense community but I have got no answer. I hope someone can help me here with some suggestion.

Thanks!

1 Answers

If you are not using SharedArrayBuffer yourself and you have already identified the third-party resource provider who actually uses it, please ask them to fix the issue. You don't need to enable cross-origin isolation yourself unless using SharedArrayBuffer is essential for you.

In many cases the third-party usage of SharedArrayBuffer is trivial enough to ignore because the same code has been working on browsers that do not support SharedArrayBuffer in the past.

Related