I am new to microservices and trying to break up a big monolithic application into microservices. While scoping the microservice I am unable to decide whether I should go for a data duplication between services or ignore SRP by clubbing all requiring the same data into 1 service. Following is the scenario.
I have a service which receives Customer order say build a car with these parts and features. Now I have other 2 functionalities which uses the Parts and features to derive some runtime value say ;
If the order contains part A and Feature A then perform X operation. As each of these functionalities have there respective UI for configuration and runtime engine to derive the output and most of the time changes only comes in these respective function blocks, I thought of creating the separate microservices.
Creating the separate microservice would need data(Parts and Features) to be duplicated. Another option could be given each of these service uses the same data is clubbing all of them into 1, but with that I again create a big service which if goes down will stop all 3 functionalities and is against SRP. Another option could be when the data is required by the other 2 services make a call and get it from Order Service, but that is making it highly dependent and getting the data over network for each operation.
Can anyone suggest what would be ideal to do in such case.
