My goal is to get the Year-over-Year Growth. I have tried group by, arrange, and the mutate function, but the Year-over-Year Growth column is not producing the right result(That is why I am try to get to get a dataset where I have alternating years).
Data:
date store city measurement
2010-01-01 a LA 150
2010-01-10 b NY 160
2010-01-20 c SE 10
...
# There is no 2011-01-01
#2011-01-01 a LA 900
2011-01-10 b NY 170
2011-01-20 c SE 20
...
2012-01-01 a LA 900
2012-01-10 b NY 170
2012-01-20 c SE 20
What I am trying to get:
date store city measurement YOY
2010-01-01 a LA 150 ?
2011-01-01 a LA 900 0
2012-01-01 a LA 900
2010-01-10 b NY 160 0.0625
2011-01-10 b NY 170 0
2012-01-10 b NY 170
2010-01-20 c SE 10 1
2011-01-20 c SE 20 0
2012-01-10 b NY 20
2010
2011
2012
...
Any help is greatly appreciated.