I am trying to produce a plot using imshow. The desired behavior is that each gaussian would be centered around the coordinates given, for example, the first peak would be (53,74) with a standard deviation in the x and y directions of 3.14. Instead, the actual behavior is that imshow stacks all three peaks on top of one another at (50,50). I would appreciate any help. I have tried looking this up and looking through each of the parameters at https://matplotlib.org/stable/api/_as_gen/matplotlib.pyplot.imshow.html.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np
num = 100000
xs1 = np.random.normal(loc=53, scale=3.14, size=num)
ys1 = np.random.normal(loc=74, scale=3.14, size=num)
xs2 = np.random.normal(loc=62, scale=4, size=num)
ys2 = np.random.normal(loc=31, scale=4, size=num)
xs3 = np.random.normal(loc=39, scale=4.5, size=num)
ys3 = np.random.normal(loc=45, scale=4.5, size=num)
data1 = np.histogram2d(xs1, ys1, bins=112)
data2 = np.histogram2d(xs2, ys2, bins=112)
data3 = np.histogram2d(xs3, ys3, bins=112)
total = data1[0] + data2[0] + data3[0] + 900
plt.imshow(data1[0] + data2[0] + data3[0], aspect="auto", )
plt.show()
