I have written the following code for placement new and delete operator functions. Can you please tell the issue with the code below.
// new_operator.cpp : This file contains the 'main' function. Program execution begins and ends there.
//
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
class Mem
{
public:
void* alloc(size_t sz) { return malloc(sz); }
void dealloc(void* ptr) { free(ptr); }
};
class Object
{
public:
Object() { cout << "In Constructor Object()" << this << endl; }
~Object() { cout << "In Destuctor ~Object()" << endl; }
void* operator new(size_t sz, Mem* handle)
{
Object* x1 = (Object*)handle->alloc(sz);
return x1;
}
void operator delete(void* ptr, Mem* handle)
{
cout << "Here\n";
((Object*)(ptr))->~Object();
handle->dealloc(ptr);
}
};
int main()
{
Mem* memory = new Mem;
Object* obj = new (memory) Object;
cout << "Obj is " << obj << endl;
delete (obj, memory);
delete memory;
return 0;
}
I'm getting runtime crashes at the time when delete operator function starts executing. Can anyone please tell what I'm doing wrong.