I am struggling with generating the delete query where parameters for the query is actually a set of values.
So I need to delete rows where parameters are a pair values for example:
delete from table where col1 = %s and col2 = %s
which can be executed in Python like:
cur = conn.cursor()
cur.execute(query, (col1_value, col2_value))
Now I would like to run a query:
delete from table where (col1, col2) in ( (col1_value1, col2_value1), (col1_value2, col2_value2) );
I can generate the queries and values and execute the exact SQL but I can't quite generate prepared statement.
I tried:
delete from table where (col1, col2) in %s
and
delete from table where (col1, col2) in (%s)
But when I try to execute:
cur.execute(query, list_of_col_value_tuples)
or
cur.execute(query, tuple_of_col_value_tuples)
I get an exception that indicates that psycopg2 cannot convert arguments to strings.
Is there any way to use psycopg2 to execute a query like this?