I am trying to allow my build pipeline in Azure DevOps to push changes to a git repo, there is some good documentation from microsoft on how to do this but in my case the build pipeline and the git repo are in two separate projects within the same organisation.
I have tried granting the necessary repo permissions to the 'Project Collection Build Services' group, however I then discovered that this group has no users listed in it.
I have also noticed that in the repo permissions I see listed a user named 'MyProject Build Service (MyOrganisation)', but this user is not listed in the Users for the project (or organisation) and therefore I cannot add it to 'Project Collection Build Services' group. I suppose this User is a system generated user which is used to run the pipeline, is there a way to grant permissions to this user for a repo on another project within the same organisation?