Setting the RegionEndpoint in C# using AmazonDynamoDBConfig does not work

Viewed 164

Can someone please help with the following situation ?

I have a console .net50 application in which I connect to a docker container dynamodb, running on localhost:8000. In my config file, in my .aws folder, i have the following configuration :

[default]
region = eu-west-1
output = json

Until here everything is good.

I create a table using the C# console application and it works. The problem is when I try to list the table in my AWS CLI it does not show up with the default profile.

aws dynamodb list-tables --endpoint-url http://localhost:8000

It only shows up if I modify the region in the config file to region = us-east-1.

The code in my app which is handling the creation of the AmazonDynamoDBClient is the following :

AmazonDynamoDBConfig clientConfig = new AmazonDynamoDBConfig ();            
clientConfig.RegionEndpoint = RegionEndpoint.EUWest1;              
clientConfig.ServiceURL = "http://localhost:8000";
AmazonDynamoDBClient amazonClient = new AmazonDynamoDBClient (credentials, clientConfig);

Somehow the RegionEndpoint does not get used, the default one (USEast1) is used instead. Someone has a clue how to fix this ? Thanks !

0 Answers
Related