I am trying to access a host that sits in another server (but on my network) from inside the pod of deployment and I am using microk8s.
The thing is that on the server where I have microk8s installed I can easily ping it by ping my-network-host.qa.local. But when I go inside the pod with microk8s kubectl exec -it pod_name -- /bin/bash and I do ping my-network-host.qa.local it says: Name or service not known.
And when I connect to a VPN on my computer to be on that network and I deploy it locally using docker-desktop kubernetes I can ping that host from within the pod. So I think the problem sits in microk8s which is not letting my pod use my network.
Is there any way to tell microk8s to use my hosts from my network?
p.s. I can ping the ip of that server from the pod, but I am not being able to ping the host from the pod