I have an ASP.NET Core 3.1 API and I am introducing a new version for one of my controllers. I am using the Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Versioning NuGet package and I have set the new version to be the default version. All my other controllers should work with both the old version (1.0) and the new version (1.1).
For example:
[ApiVersion("1.0", Deprecated = true)]
public class MySampleController
{
}
[ApiVersion("1.1")]
public class MyNewSampleController
{
}
[ApiVersion("1.0", Deprecated = true)]
[ApiVersion("1.1")]
public class AllOtherController
{
}
Questions:
Do I really have to add all versions to all controllers?
Is there a better/correct way of handling this?
I have tried to use [ApiVersionNeutral] but that does not seem correct and, according to the documentation, should only be used in special cases. If I do not add the [ApiVersion] attribute, it defaults to the new 1.1 version and 1.0 no longer works.
Since this is my first SO question, I hope itfalls within the guidelines :)